Wednesday, September 10, 2008

2 Reasons Why I Love Vampires

Ahhh -- Fall is here and I know that because?

a) The Cubs are eliminated?

b) The Bengals are off to a great start?


No... because the greatest beer ever made by humans is back on the shelves of my favorite vendor. I am speaking, of course, of Nosferatu Ale by the Great Lakes Brewing Company. This may very well be one of the greatest things ever to come out of Cleveland. It's a hearty & hoppy red ale with a great scent, a wicked flavor and, with 7% APV, a nice lil' kick to it. I'd stand it up against any ale I can think of, including Arrogant Bastard.


If you have the scratch (it is over $10 for a 4-pack) I highly recommend you give it a try. I personally prefer to sample a few around a warm firepit while distributing candy to hooded neighborhood hooligans (or, as I like to call it, "Wednesday"). But you might just find your own thing.

And, if you find it is not to your liking, I will happily buy from you any remaining non-empty bottles, growlers, kegs, etc.

Just drop me an email and share your favorite Nosferatu moment. There's strength in numbers.



Thanks!


Jim



P.S. Oh, reason #2... yeah, I still think most Goth chicks are totally hot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jim,

I really dig the blog.. I wish i would have known about it earlier.. Thanks for the Great lakes beer picture... WHile the beer here is good, there is really no taste to it...Thanks for the offer to store some stuff for us, but I think I just took care of that.. We are looking forward to coming home and getting together with you guys... soon... Just remember, Botswana is only an 18 hour plane ride, with a 2 hour transfer, and then another 1 hour plane ride.. so if you want to come for the weekend, just let us know.. All the best.